A D'Lighted Blog
Vertical Pixel Matrix
If you're looking to add something like this to your display, it's very simple to build.
VIDEO of the Matrix in operation.
First, purchase Black Plastic Hardware Cloth from Home Depot or Lowes.Â Roll it out and cut to the size you think would appropriate for your display.Â Next, push 12mm pixels through the holes to align a grid pattern.Â We put three holes in each direction which is about two inch spacing.Â To make it wider than the roll, overlap to extend it to the correct width.Â After you've finished, align the pattern to the sequencer of your choice and see the results.
Details about our matrix...
- Four feet wide by eight long
- 50 pixels tall by 28 pixels wide
- 12VDC, 12mm bullet nodes, square will work too
- Two rolls of three by fifteen, half inch, Black Plastic Hardware Cloth
- Four inch zip ties to secure the overlap